How the service works
We have made a number of changes to our Local Studies Library in order to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff:
- You don’t need to make an appointment to visit the Local Studies Library. You are welcome to browse the bookcases, use reference materials like maps, and borrow books and audio-visual material from the loan stock.
- From 5 April 2022 the Local Studies Library will be open:
- Tuesday: 10.00-12.30 and 2.00-4.30
- Thursday: 10.00-12.30 and 2.00-4.30
- Friday: 10.00-12.30 and 2.00-4.30
- To protect customers and staff we ask you to continue to wear face coverings when in our building. You will need to wear a face covering if you are talking to a member of our team away from the Enquiry Desk. Be Responsible, Be Safe.
- Please sanitize your hands at the sanitization stations provided on entering and leaving the Local Studies Library.
- You might find it useful in advance of your visit to consult our online catalogue.
- We are currently unable to provide newspapers for you to read. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Once you have finished looking at reference material please leave items on the table for our staff to put away.
- You are welcome to use the coin operated photocopier in the Library.
You are welcome to take pictures of Local Studies material. Our usual charges apply. Payment should be made by using contactless wherever possible.
There have been many issues to consider when reopening our services, and we ask you to bear with us as we learn to operate under these new conditions. Thank you.