The Hull History Centre is located on Worship Street just opposite the old central fire station and a short distance from the New Theatre. See below for directions for people travelling by car or public transport.
The History Centre short stay car park has 51 spaces including 4 disabled parking spaces.
Alternative long stay car parking is available at the George Street (multi-storey), Pryme Street (multi-storey), Francis Street and Trippett Street car parks. For more information on city centre car parks, please see the City Council website.
Monday to Sunday, 8am - 6pm
Up to 1 hour £1.20
Up to 2 hours £2.00
Up to 3 hours £2.80
Up to 4 hours £3.60
Over 4 hours £12.00
Free after 6pm
Participants in the Blue Badge scheme may use the History Centre car park free of charge.
Directions - by car from the West
- Continue from the M62 onto the A63 into Hull passing Princes Quay shopping centre on your left
- Filter left onto Market Place passing the golden statue of King Billy and continue forward on Lowgate passing Hull College on your right
- At the traffic lights turn right and then at the next light a few yards ahead turn left onto Freetown Way dual carriageway (not onto the cobble street of Charlotte Mews)
- At this junction the History Centre building is to your left. Follow the dual carriageway for a few hundred yards and take the first left into Worship Street.
- The History Centre car park is then on your left.
Directions - by car from the North
- Continue into Hull along the A1079 (Beverley Road) keeping to the left until you come to a major junction with the Campanile hotel on your left.
- At the traffic lights turn left onto Freetown Way but keep in the right-hand lane.
- Take the right filter lane to turn into Wright Street and continue ahead at the small roundabout onto Percy Street.
- At the end of this street turn left on Albion Street and continue on what then becomes Jarratt Street, past the New Theatre following the road to the left into Worship Street, and the History Centre will be ahead of you.
- The History Centre car park is then on your right.
Directions by public transport
The History Centre is about 10 minutes walk from the Paragon Interchange (rail and bus station) or just 5 minutes walk from the Park and Ride bus stop at Wilberforce Drive, Queens Gardens.
If you are travelling from London First Hull Trains offer a regular service - see their website for latest offers and to buy your tickets.