April 2017 saw the beginning of a project to fully catalogue the records of the Humber Ports of the British Transport Docks Board, later known as Associated British Ports, making it available to the public for the first time.
To enable us to catalogue the collection we secured funding from the National Cataloguing Grants Programme for Archives which enabled us to employ a Project Archivist for 15 months to work on the collection. Such was the volume of material within this collection that work on the project was extended for 6 months, with the help of additional funding until the end of December 2018.
The collection has been divided up into seven sub-collections as follows:
- C DPD/1: Humber Conservancy
- C DPD/2: Hull Docks Company
- C DPD/3: Hull and Barnsley Railway
- C DPD/4: Aire and Calder Navigation
- C DPD/5: Dock Engineering Records
- C DPD/6: Dock Estate Records
- C DPD/7: Commercial Department, Hull: British Transport Docks Board
The project is now complete and the final catalogue is accessible online via our online catalogue.