The History Centre is a partnership between Hull City Council and the University of Hull. We reserve the right to refer enquiries to the respective media teams of either or both organisations and seek their advice where necessary.
Enquiries relating to the archive and local studies collections or the use of images held by the History Centre should be made to the History Centre directly:
Tel: 01482 317500
Filming at Hull History Centre
Hull History Centre welcomes the opportunity to display records on film and television. We make the following provisos:
- We need at least 10 days’ notice of an appointment to film.
- Our priority is to deliver our on-site service to members of the public. We will need to ensure that filming does not disrupt or compromise this. This may include us requiring you to film in specific areas at particular times.
- We reserve the right to refuse permission to film without stating a reason.
- The film company/producer must credit the Hull History Centre (and where appropriate the owner of the item being filmed) on screen and not just in the closing credits.
- All filming will be supervised by a History Centre member of staff. They will oversee and facilitate handling of the material to ensure that it is not damaged during filming. The film crew must accede to all reasonable requests relating to the handling and display for filming of the documents.
- Original documents cannot be removed from the History Centre for filming.
- The History Centre cannot give permission for you to film a document which is owned – and/or the copyright is owned – by a third party. We will be able to advise you how such permission might be obtained.
Hull History Centre makes a charge of £500 a day (£250 for a half day) for filming. In addition any research you ask us to do as preparation for your filming will be charged at £16 per half hour.