See details below for other local and regional repositories and links to a number of National Catalogues.
Local and regional repositories
Hull Maritime Museum
Queen Victoria Square, Hull HU1 3DX
Tel: 01482 300300
East Riding of Yorkshire Archives and Records Service
Treasure House, Champney Road, Beverley, HU17 8HE
Tel: 01482 392790
- hold the Church of England Parish records for Hull
North East Lincolnshire Archives
Town Hall Square, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire DN31 1HX
Tel: 01472 323585 or E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- for Fishing Crew Lists 1864-1937
St. Rumbold Street, Lincoln LN2 5AB
Tel: 01522 526204
North Yorkshire County Record Office
Malpas Road, Northallerton, North Yorkshire DL7 8TB
Tel: 01609 777585
Borthwick Institute for Archives
University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD
Tel: 01904 321166
- especially for wills of Hull people
West Yorkshire Archives Service
- has its headquarters in Wakefield, and offices in Bradford, Calderdale (Halifax), Kirklees (Huddersfield) and Leeds
Find an Archive in the UK and beyond
- resource from The National Archives
- catalogues of archive collections held in over 300 institutions across the UK including the Hull University Archives.
The National Archives
- includes useful guides and fact sheets for researching family and local history, and a searchable catalogue of its holdings.
British Library Newspaper Archive
- catalogue includes entries for over 52,000 newspaper and periodical titles from 1801 to the present day.