Want to learn more about archives?
Hull University Archives staff run the following workshops for students each academic year:
- Our 'Introduction to Hull History Centre' course allows you to explore what facilities are available at HHC and how they can be used effectively.
- Our 'Archives for student research projects' course introduces you to the types of material held at Hull History Centre, and encourages you to think about how you might design a research project around them.
- Our 'Palaeography practice' course allows you to have a go at transcribing early modern archival documents. It provides guidance on transcription conventions, and worked examples allowing you to check your work.
- Our 'Bias, subjectivity and perspective in archives' course allows you to explore the inherent biases of archival documents, and encourages you to think about author and researcher subjectivity when interpreting sources.
- Our 'Archives as inspiration for creativity' course allows you to explore how archives can be used to inspire and support creative work such as; fiction and non-fiction writing; play writing; illustration, painting and sculpture.