Want to learn more about archives?
The following workshops are available for students of the University of Hull to access:
- Our 'Introduction to Hull History Centre' workshop allows you to explore what facilities are available at HHC, the collections we hold, and how to use our online catalgue effectively.
- Our 'Finding archives' workshop allows you to develop search strategies, understand how archives are catalogued, and find key online portals to help your search.
- Our 'Palaeography and a bit more besides...' workshop allows you to gain the knowledge you need to read and understand records created in English between 1500-1800.
- Our 'Bias, subjectivity and perspective in archives' workshop allows you to explore the inherent biases of archival documents, and encourages you to think about author and researcher subjectivity when interpreting sources.
- Our 'Archives as creative inspiration' workshop allows you to explore how archives can be used to inspire and support creative work such as; fiction and non-fiction writing; play writing; songwriting, illustration, painting and sculpture.